Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate Contest!

Tomorrow at work I will be participating in a Chocolate contest for Valentine's Day!  But, before I show you the details of my festive chocolate goodness I wanted to share some photos of the Cake Balls I made for a co-workers birthday a couple of weeks ago.  Now, this was my first attempt at cake balls and I definitely struggled enjoyed making them!  My co-workers devoured these things - I'm sure they'll be asking me to make them again...if only I could figure out an easier way to dip them in the chocolate.





I had some almond bark that I didn't use for Christmas baking so I dipped some in that and the rest in white chocolate that you can buy at Michael's or JoAnn's.  While the chocolate was still wet I sprinkled them with multi-colored sprinkles to make them a little more festive.  Thanks to LeAnn for the adorable blue and green polka dot cupcake papers! 

Now, on to the the competition.  The rules or the competition are fairly vague.  They state that it has to be a chocolate creation and that there needs to be enough for three judges to sample.  Over Christmas my Aunt made Oreo truffles which are now commonly known as 'crack balls' in our household.  These things are amazing and so easy to make!  I decided these would be perfect for the competition...






Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment